Thursday 26 July 2012

One of the speeches of Siddha Yogi Sri Siva Sankar Baba.



I came to speak of inner (Cosmic) transformation; society is interested in only cosmetic changes. These are two languages vastly different from each other. What people seek of me they assume is spirituality: promotion / increment, owning a house, getting married, having an affectionate family, and so on. This is their ambition. They do not know beyond that. They seek the external world. I want to give them inner world, the world of light. These are two different things. It is a waste of time trying to give you internal transformation till you have mellowed and are ready for it.

A rat came running to a saint asking for protection from a cat chasing it. The saint turned it into a cat, then into dog and then a tiger to protect it from those animals. Then the rat-tiger came running again saying it was scared of the eagle. The saint realized that though he had changed the rat gradually into a tiger, its basic instinct remained that of a rat only. That is why it was afraid of the eagle.

Similarly, a person comes to me seeking material benefits, I grant him those benefits. Then he will ask for something else. And this goes on. There is a succession of wants from marriage to affection between spouses, progeny, children’s education, vehicles, houses and so on. I want to grant you an inner transformation – help you realize that you are the tiger. But as long as you are a rat at heart, what you have undergone is external change only.

So, though I am God, I am saying I am not God. Though I can call myself a god-man; I am saying I am not a god-man. I may be a revolutionary, but society is not prepared to stand by me.

Someday, people will come to know and accept Siva Shankar Baba’s divinity and the social transformation that will result from it, which Baba has to achieve. There need not be any doubt about that. In the near future, the entire world will acknowledge baba’s state. Baba is all set to be a phenomenon in world History. But what is the use if I speak of it now? Take a note of these words I have spoken. When the time comes, you will realize that every word of mine is true. I know every step of mine. The result of every step is already in my vision.

Take this example. We started spiritual service in a small place in Mannady. Then we moved to Besant Nagar and from there to Neelankarai. Now we are working in Kelambakkam. I am growing. I faced many hurdles. Did anything affect me? Neelankarai ashram was reduced to ashes; I renovated it in just 10 days time! As I mentioned in a TV interview, “Vali in Ramayana epics acquired half the power of his opponent. But, I gain the full power of anyone who opposes me”.

My spiritual prowess will be recorded in world history; I do not live for myself. In fact, meditation and penance is more to my liking. Left to myself, I will wander to a forest and do meditation somewhere in a cave or by a stream. I will not feel hunger. My interest is meditating on God. But God is not letting me go. He likes my commitment to work and so gets me working 20 hours a day. And even then, I go about my task with a smiling face. Even if I have to retire to the forest, it is God who takes care of me. So how can I refuse any task he gives me? It is HE who granted me this Divine Bliss. So I have to do that which pleases Him. If I go away in the quest of something of my choice, he will take away this Divine bliss from me. So though I am put off by the fact that society is not yet ripe to realize this divinity within; the reason why I am doing this service to the presently thankless society is because God wills so.

No comments:

Post a Comment